Omolafe; 2 years of a political demigod's responsive representation in the National Assembly
Akure North/Akure South Federal Consistency in
the Central Senatorial District of Ondo State, Southwest Nigeria, seemed to have been shortchanged in the time past when it comes to representation at the National Assembly.
Physical presence of the Federal Government was glaringly in short supply, deferred or denied. The assertion, apparently, cannot be divorced from a poor and uninspiring representation which tended to have arrested the progress of the federal constituency and its people into typhoon of retrogression for too long a time.
Indeed, Akure North/Akure South Federal Constituency is lucky to have made the right choice in the 2019 general election by electing a political demigod, in person of Hon. Omolafe Isaac Adedayo to represent the constituency in the green chamber of the National Assembly. “Expensive” popularly called in the political sphere of Ondo State is undoubtedly not a political opportunist.
He has seen it all when it comes to identifying the needs of the people and his environment. Omolafe was elected on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party, so far, it has been two years of unprecedented transformation in all the nooks and crannies of his constituent.Omolafe is a captain of grassroots politics and he is sailing the vessel of the federal constituency out of uncharted territory, navigating with moral compass to a promising shore. He is not new in the ring, being a two term elected Chairman of Akure South Local Government Area of the State and Chairman of Ondo State Development and Property Corporation (OSDPC); positions he handled selflessly to the benefit of the people. Coming to politics and governance, Omolafe’s selflessness and compassion are stupendous, thus making his detractors swallowing their own phlegm.
He has learnt and mastered the trade and not the
tricks. He has deposited a kind of political character making him irresistible to all political entity. In the House of Representatives, his endeavours are built on the passion and torchlight to illuminate the path to progress and free his people from shackles of penury which hitherto had held them in a stagnant space. Obviously, the story of Akure politics and its environs can never be completed if Omolafe, popularly known as Expensive’s episode is missing. He is a great actor and the finest bird in the nest of Akure community politics whose integrity and political tree cannot be fell with razor blame. A grassroots commander and mobiliser with bold and indelible impact. He is dreaded by opposition in political onslaught. Revered, trusted and loved by all. He is a bride of the electorates in his constituency and pride of his political party; PDP. Sincerely, Omolafe knows where the shoe pinches the downtrodden. To Omolafe, service to humanity is a watchword and that makes him a man for all seasons. In just two years of Omolafe’s representation in the House of Representative, he has facilitated and embarked on lives transforming projects to his people and his compassion continues to assume enormous stature. Candidly, Omolafe is not just a politician but a political half man, half god.
HON. OMOLAFE ISAAC ADEDAYO…Justifying the mandate with impactful impressions
By Kehinde Omoniyi
On this day, exactly two years ago, after a landslide victory at the 2019 polls, Hon. Omolafe Adedayo whose appellative nomenclature is known as Expensive, was sworn in as a member of Legislative arm of government to represent the interests of good and decent people of Akure North/Akure South Federal Constituency at the 9th National Assembly. This electoral confidence reposed in him, across the board, was overwhelming because of his unprecedented achievements as a serial public office holder, decorated candidate and recognised philanthropist of a huge worth. In fact, in a political terminology, he is a big fish!His last two years had witnessed impactful representation in spite of National economic disequilibrium which crippled many oversight functions and execution of some of the earmarked constituency projects, Covid -19 pandemic and its attendant pandemonium, unending protests, distractive security challenges among others.Regardless of these prevalent oddities, Hon. Omolafe, an amiable Legislator on the platform of People's Democratic Party (PDP), has brought to fore his experience as a grassroots politician and high -tech performer to create the following applaudable impressions on the lives of the people and communities he was elected to represent
:* To show his gratitude to the electorate, Hon. Omolafe organised an elaborate reception in Akure as a signage of appreciation for their solid support & solidarity.
* Provision of befitting Constituency Offices at Ijapo, Akure South & Iju in Akure North staffed with competent Aides to encourage robust interactions with the constituents.
* Employment assistance to the eligible Applicants to Nigerian Army, Nigerian Police & other public & private Establishments. This list keeps expanding!
* Construction of Civic Center at Osi, Akure North* Grading of Igoba Roads, Akure North
* Supply of Transformer to Adejubu Community, Akure North
* Ongoing Electrification of Igbatoro Road, Akure North
* Erection of solar powered streets light in Ijomu/ Edo lodge Axis
* Cash empowerment/ Training programmes for 50 youths in Tailoring, perfume & soap making in partnership with SMEDAN.
* Peace & Conflict resolution training of selected Akure Youths. This is necessary in the view of various agitations among the youths.
* Distribution of multi- Million Naira worth of Palliatives to cushion the excruciating effects of covid-19 Pandemic across the Akure Federal Constituency.
* Education support scheme to assist indigent students. This includes payment of school fees, bursary awards & scholarship.
* Distribution of free UTME (JAMB) Forms to 200 beneficiaries across the Constituency in 2020* Granting of Financial assistance/ Stomach Infrastructure to countless constituents to meet their Health, Social, Religious, Education & Cultural demands.
* Enrolment of many constituents for N-POWER Programmes
* Ongoing processing of Agric Loans for famers.
* A motion on the floor of National Assembly about the state of insecurity in Nigeria after the gruesome murder of the daughter of Pa Rueben Fasoranti's daughter. This spurred our law enforcement agents into action to arrest the perpetrators.
* A voice against Anti- social media bill.
* Visitation to Hon. Minister of Works & Housing on the deplorable status of Ondo state roads. This led to the intervention of Ministry of Works to start rehabilitation of Akure- Iju- Ikere Road.
* A letter to the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs & Disaster Management on behalf of Victims of Bomb blast @ Alayere/ Ilu Abo communities. This led to Federal Government intervention.
* Construction of magnificent Health Care Centre at Omoniyi Estate, Akure.
* Purchase of multi-Million Naira Hospital Equipments for Health centres across the Constituency
* Purchase of Ambulances to aid effecient Health service delivery.
* Construction of Multi- Million Naira solar- powered Borehole project at Ifepade community, Oshinle Quarters, Akure to ease the acute shortage of potable water in that community.
* Construction of Borehole project at Obanla community, Akure.
* Construction of modern toilets & bathroom for the traders & Butchers at Araromi/ Odo Eran, Akure.
* Empowerment of 300 Small Scale Enterprenuers with 100 thousand Naira each to stabilise their businesses.
* Training of 200 constituents in Agro-preneuraship & empowering them with 50 thousand Naira each as a take -off grant.
* Facilitation of 300 constituents who benefitted from 20 thousand Naira conditional cash transfer scheme of the Federal Government
* Facilitation of 500 constituents who benefitted from Federal government Covid-19 grants of 30 thousand Naira each.
* Construction of Culverts and drains at CanaanLand 1& 2, Ijoka Akure after years of neglect by past administrations
* Dredging of the popular Elegbin River, Isinka to stop the perennial flooding which annually destroyed houses & led to loss of lives.
* Grading of the troublesome & long abandoned Talk -of -the- town Road, Ondo Road, Akure.
* Construction of damaged Odige Culvert, Akure.
* Facilitation of Inspection tours to many designated sites within the Federal Constituency by the officials of Federal MDAs. The implementation of these projects will commence soon.As his event-filled tenure enters another phase, it will definitely open another vista for development. It is very heartwarming to reiterate that Hon. Omolafe Adedayo is always committed to quality representation and will continue to deliver more dividends of Democracy to his Federal Constituency.
Kehinde Omoniyi is the Legislative Aid on Political and Public Affairs to Hon. Omolafe Adedayo Issac